FRYOG South Area CPD Training Day
‘Managing Students with Pain in a General Yoga Class’
with Aimee Newton (Osteopath)
at the Virginia Water Community Centre
35 Cabrera Avenue Virginia Water GU25 4EY
Sunday, 15th May 2022 – 10am – 4pm
As teachers we often get students coming to class with aches and pains or sometimes more serious injuries or chronic pain conditions. Often these individuals are advised to do yoga to help, but this can create a challenge for Yoga Teachers and raises some important questions.
- How do we adapt our teaching to incorporate these individuals?
- Should we be allowing them in our group classes?
- How can we be confident that we are doing no harm?
- we will be exploring this subject in more detail.
This one-day workshop will explore, in detail, how we can navigate this complex area of teaching with an emphasis on helping our students to FREE THEIR INNER TEACHER and giving us a solid foundation in embodied anatomy exploration to guide us through our teaching adaptations.
The workshop is run by Aimee Newton, registered Osteopath and Yoga Teacher and Educator with over 16 years experience.
Some of the topics we will be exploring are: –
- Spinal curves – the key to managing back aches and pains
- Organic exploration vs moving with stability
- Foundation poses – the importance of exploring a graded approach to asana
- How to approach every posture in a way which will help most people in pain
- Scapular anatomy and functionality
- What exactly is hip mobility?
We will also be covering discussion topics such as:-
- Class advertising and managing expectations
- Professional boundaries and limits
- Understanding your professional boundaries and when to seek support from other professionals
Cost for the day: £60
To apply for a place, please contact Victoria James
preferably by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
or call : 07917 448344