REAL YOGA CPD
Yoga Perspectives on Death, Dying and Grief
Patricia Cronin and Jean Danford
Saturday 30 November and Sunday 1 December 2019
The Pastoral Hall United Church Egham High Street Surrey TW20 9EX
This workshop will combine presentation and group work and will be threaded through with practical exercises to help you explore:
- Your own attitudes and beliefs about death and dying and the attitudes of society in general
- How these inform and affect the way we live our lives
- What the philosophy of yoga can teach us about death and dying and how it can help us to transform the experience of life, ageing, and end of life; for ourselves and for our clients
- What is grief? Models of grief and how they can help us understand our own sense of loss and grieving and to support those around us
- How we can use the practices of yoga to relieve the symptoms of grief and to lead ourselves and our clients towards healing
We will have a guest speaker Katrina Taee, who is a bereavement counsellor and End of Life Doula. She will also be available to ask questions.
Saturday 30th arrive at 9.30 for 10 o’clock start. Close at 5 o’clock
Sunday 1st arrive 9.15 for 9.30 start. Close at 4.30pm
The hall is at the back of the United Church which is in Egham High Street and there is plenty of parking nearby. It is also a 5 minutes walk from Egham BR station and accessible by several bus routes.
There is a Travelodge in the High Street less than five-minute walk and there are several B&Bs within easy walking distance and numerous other hotels in the area accessible by car.
Food and Facilities
The hall is in the middle of the high street with numerous cafes, a Waitrose and a Tesco. There is also a kitchen if you would like to bring your own food and we will supply tea and biscuits.
Contact Patricia firstname.lastname@example.org 07860 581108
The workshop is £150 payable by bacs to: The Yogaroot Ltd Lloyds bank 30-94-42 ac 43266768
FRYOG MEMBERS – this qualifies as a FRYOG CPD