Sunday 24th March 2019 10am – 4pm
£50 FRYOG Members / £55 non-FRYOG members
Vegetarian Lunch Included
Om Yoga Studio, Northampton
Contact Debbie: 07828 139582 firstname.lastname@example.org
Low back pain is a common cause for people to seek out yoga and trying to incorporate students into a general class can be a challenge. Understanding the anatomy of the spine and some common conditions which cause pain can really help to make you feel more confident as a teacher.
This is a FRYOG approved CPD day but it is suitable for all yoga teachers/enthusiasts who want to understand more about low back pain.
The day is run by Aimee Newton a qualified Osteopath and FRYOG yoga teacher of 12 years.
What we will be aiming to look at during the day
• Deeper look into spinal anatomy and pathology
• Common Terminology explained e.g ‘sciatica’ ‘slipped disc’
• Red Flags and when to refer
• Discussion on should you integrate these students in a general class?
• The day is a mainly theory based class, however we will try to include some practical skills and alternative practices for managing low back pain using yoga